Resetting one key will always require two originally programmed keys to complete the reset process. After that, you can only use one key to start the engine.
- Step 1.Use your first programmed key. Insert it in the ignition and turn to the “On” position, without starting the engine. Your display panel behind the steering wheel should light and the anti-theft light will blink (or just lit).
- Step 2. Wait for 10 minutes with the key in the ignition.
- Step 3. If the anti-theft light is not lit up, turn the key back to “Off”, remove it and insert the second programmed key not later than 5 seconds.
- Step 4.Turn it on and off and remove the second key.
- Step 5. Insert the key you need to reset not later than 10 seconds. Turn it to the “On” position for just one second and then turn it to the “Off” position.
- Step 6. Wait until the security light turns on with the key in the ignition. Then remove it to finish the process.
If it didn’t work the first time, try to repeat the whole process again.
How do you turn off the anti-theft system on a Ford f150?
Make sure you will complete the following steps within 30 seconds, otherwise you will have to do it all over again.
- Turn off the ignition and check your doors – all of them have to be closed.
- Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to “On”.
- Triple-push the power door unlock button.
- Turn the key to “Off”.
- Push the power to unlock the button 3 times again.
- Turn the to “On.” Listen to the horn sound.
- Push the unlock button once followed by the lock button. The horn will chirp once, indicating the deactivated auto-lock feature.
- Turn the key to “Off”. The horn will chirp one time for confirmation.
How much does it cost to reset the anti-theft system?
How do I get my car out of theft mode?
There can be various reasons for that blinking THEFT indicator. But most common are the fuel pump drive module or the bad ignition key. You need to get another key cut and programmed. And try to start the car with it. You can go to locksmith.com and find a store available in your area for that. In case it’s the module, you have to disconnect it and plug in the new one, without even installing it. Then try to start your Ford. If nothing of that helps, you will have to address a tuning professional for the solution that will reset your Ford’s computer.